The House of The Good Shepherd

Our History

Five Episcopal congregations in the Oranges founded The House of the Good Shepherd in 1882.  In those days its focus was to provide care and services to the poor and disabled.  A 20-room rental home launched our humble beginnings.  By 1890, a new home was built on Henry Street.  In the early 1960’s a wooded, 15-acre site was purchased in Hackettstown.  The goal was to develop a retirement community for the ever-growing population of seniors in northern New Jersey.

Since opening in 1965, the House has expanded its capacity to increase its services to seniors seeking a sheltered living environment.

 

Search  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Glossary of Terms  |  Contact Us  |  House of the Good Shepherd  |  LTC Website Solutions © 2014   |  All rights reserved.